Flood Relief Drive Karnataka
Karnataka State Level Flood Relief Seva Initiatives
by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations of Karnataka
Message from Sri. N.G. Dhakappa, State President
“Sai Ram, Dear brothers and sisters. Karnataka state is affected with heavy rainfall and more than 12 districts are affected. There has been heavy loss of men and materials. We should explore and take up relief measures that we can like providing food, clothing, medicines, utensils etc.to the affected people.”
We have requested coordinators to manage the Flood Relief activities, as follows:
Coordinators to assess situation, roll-up plans and requirements:
- Shri M.P. Pai – Udupi, Dakshina Kannada (South Kanara), Hassan, Kasargod districts.
- Shri Prabhakar Beeraiah – Shivamogga, Chikkamagaluru, Belgaum and Dharwar districts.
- Shri Suresh Shetty – Uttara Kannada (North Kanara) district
- Sri Rajashekar Reddy – Vijayapura (Bijapur), Bagalkot and Gadag districts.
District Presidents – of respective districts to send their plans of action to State Office.
Team for mobilizing resources and dispatches to various centers:
- Shri M.P. Pai, Shri Venkatramana Gosavi, Shri Prabhakar, Shri Rajendra, Smt Priya Pai, Smt Nalini Ullal and Capt. V.K. Kadam
Bulk Packing and Dispatch of Relief Materials from Sathya Sai Trust ,Karnataka
- Location: Sai Gitanjali, JP Nagar 2nd Phase, Bangalore
- On August 11, 2019 , 500 cartons with all 35 items in the list as blessed by Bhagawan, were packed for sending to the flood affected areas. About 75 members including Gents, Mahilas, Children and Youth were present to make use of this golden opportunity for seva.
Disaster Relief Management Coordination
- Appeal sent out to the Disaster Management (DM) volunteers to rise to the occasion, connect with this initiative on war-footing and render seva under the able guidance of the respective District Presidents (DPs ), Youth Coordinators (YCs), DM Zonal Coordinators.
- Appeal to reach out to all the Colleges and Institutions where we have organised DA & DM programmes till date in all the Zonal Headquarters and Districts.
Donations for Karnataka Flood Relief
For donations in Indian Rupees:
Account Details :
- Sri Sathya Sai Trust Karnataka,
- Canara Bank,
- Sarakki Branch,
- Account no. 0883101012628,
- IFSC – CNRB0000883
Please send email to Sri Sathya Sai Trust Karnataka at mailto: email@example.com
and provide full details of transfer made to facilitate issuing of receipt – Name, complete Postal Address with Pin Code, Mobile Number, Email ID, Purpose of Donation, Amount Transferred, Date of Transfer and Transaction reference number in case of online remittance.
For donations in Foreign Currency, please contact Sri Sathya Sai Trust office:
Sri Sathya Sai Trust Karnataka
No 36, Sai Gitanjali 21st Main,8th Cross, JP Nagar 2nd Phase, Bangalore-560078
Phone 080 26585550
DISASTER MANAGEMENT AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAMME. A Disaster Management Awareness Training Programme was held at Prashanthi Vidya Kendra,Bayar, Kasaragod on 18.08.2019 conducted by Disaster Management Team, Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations, Karnataka. The Programme...
Sairam. As a part of Flood relief seva, on Day 6, the team vistited Belagavi dist. On 17th Aug 19, relief activities in Tivoli, Shiroli wada , Dongargav, Hemadga, Manginhal villages were carried out.
The second relief camp at Gadag dist Ron Tq, covered the villages of Menasgi, Gadgolli Holemannur. While all the villages had one camp each, Holemannur had 2 camps from were the materials were distributed. The camp was meticulously planned and a time-token system was...
The SAI Youth from Karwar undertook the task of cleaning the silt and debris left behind by unprecedented floods in the village of Khargejoog. Schools and houses were cleaned and restored to normalcy.
Sairam Sai Youths Of Karwar samiti visited to flood affected village, Removed water completely using motors. Cleaning of well has been done and applied chlorine content to water. [gallery order="ASC" itemtag="dl" icontag="dt" captiontag="dd" columns="3" link="post"...
Sairam Cleaning of flood affected houses, school, and temples and treatment of well water at HANKON village BY Sai Youths of karwar samiti on Aug 15 Independence day. [gallery order="ASC" itemtag="dl" icontag="dt" captiontag="dd" columns="3" link="post"...
Sairam. Baby kits distribution to kids at flood sheltered areas, Kadra, Mallapur, virje Area near by Karwar taluk. 18 kits were distributed by our sai sisters.
Sairam, With Bhagawan's blessings from Day 1(8thAug) to Day 7th(14thAug) daily 3 times food service was carried out by 4SO members along with BV children of dist. Bagalkot at V.K.Patil school Ganji kendra Sorgaon a nearby village at Mudhol. Total 23 families 93 flood...
Sairam all Devotees of Sri sathya sai seva samiti, Mundagod has visited yarebail village and Distributed food material. Breakfast, Lunch And dinner Food material is provided to Village. Jai Sairam
Sairam all Sai youths of Sri sathya sai seva organization, karwar took initiation to clean premises of flood affected area and also their house. While doing this services both youts and people of house were got emotional. saiam [gallery...
LIST OF 35 ITEMS FOR RELIEF WORK BLESSED BY BHAGAWAN:
- Rice 5 Kgs
- Thur Dhal 1 Kg
- Oil 1 Lit
- Salt 1 Kg
- Pepper 50 gms
- Jeera 50 gms
- Mustard 50 gms
- Chilli Powder 100 gms
- Dhania Powder 100 gms
- Sugar 1 Kg
- Tea 100 gms
- Tamarind 250 gms
- Turmeric 50 gms
- Bathing Soap 1 unit
- Washing Soap 1 unit
- Milk Powder 500 gms
- Tooth Paste 1 unit
- Tooth Brush 2 units
- Mosquito Coil 1 box
- Match Box 1 box
- Candle 1 box
- Sarees 1 new
- Dhothi 1 new
- Towel 1 new
- Mat 2 new
- Bed Sheets 2 new
- Biscuits 2 pkts
- Glucose 1 Pkt
- Sabeena Powder 1 Pkt
- Sanitary Napkins 1 Pkt
- Notebook 1
- Ladies Chudidhar set
- Swamys’ Photo 1 unit
- Vibhuti 1 pkt
Anyone in Bangalore districts interested to contribute any items in the above materials may contact
Sri. K.V. Chandrashekar (9686400633) and send it to Sai Gitanjali, J.P. Nagar.