On the 15th of July, 2017, the Bellari Samithi, organized a tree plantation programme in SSSVJ school at Guddar Nagar.
The guests for the programme were:
- Mr. BC Shivamurthy (Deputy Environment Officer)
- Mr. Anish G (Founder Vruksha Mitra)
- Mr Venkat Ramana (Mayor Bellary)
- Dr. SK Arun (Wildlife warden Bellary)
- Dr. C Nagabhushana (Director of Subregional Science Centre Bellary)
The guests talked to the students about the importance of trees and how they should be treated. 40 trees were planted in the premises of school.
The day before this event, the premises of the school was cleaned thoroughly and set up for the event.
Each tree is now given a student name and that student takes the responsibility of watering and taking care of the tree.
It is proposed to reward the students after a few months of observing the well being of the tree.
Students were excited and happy about this plantation and the scheme of taking care of the trees.