Date(s) - 05/07/2020
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
PROGRAMME OUTLINE :
1. CREATING GENERAL AWARENESS ABOUT HEALTH, HYGIENE AND DISEASE CONCEPTS IN COMMUNITY
2. DEFINE & APPLY VARIOUS THERAPEUTIC & NON-THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES TO DEAL WITH HELATH RELATED ISSUES IN THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL
3. PRACTICE PREVENTION AND PROMOTION OF HEALTH – which includes Education & Orientation about health and hygiene, while paying attention to primary needs like air, water, food, shelter, growth & development both mental & physical with Evolution of sense of Responsibility.
4. IDENTIFICATION & SCREENING OF SPECIAL (MENTALLY DIS-ABLED) CHILDREN.
5. CREATE AWARENESS AMONG PARENTS ABOUT MENTAL DISABILITY&SUPPORT THEM WITH THERAPEUTIC AND NON-THERAPEUTIC INTERVENTIONS.
LOCATION: DOMGERA Post-Kesarolli, Haliyal Taluk, Uttara Kannada – 581325 Karnataka, India
People interested to contribute and take part in this social service activity can contact
Mr. Shivaraj Goni: +91 9916910458 or +91 9448515655
BRIEF INTRODUCTION ABOUT CONCEPTION OF PROJECT & ACTION TEAMS:
CONCEPTION OF IDEA :
There are number of ways how children with special needs are diagnosed in Urban areas. There are also different facilities to understand the type of disability& different methods to measure the severity of disability. There are number of centers to help &support these children. There are schools especially run for such children in Urban places. These facilities definitely comes at a price & sometimes becomes un-affordable for some classes of society. Those who afford, continue with means & measures to correct the problem &those who cannot simply give up. Many a times parents are totally ignorant of such disabilities & even deny any such disabilities in their kids.
These activities are much happening in some of the urban areas but does it mean in other places such cases do not exist?. At this point we conceived the idea of IDENTIFYING CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS IN RURAL AREAS & take them up for remedial and non-remedial corrections. We wanted to use our Rural Experience & the experience that we had in working with such children in this process and work towards getting results. This also made us feel that we would experience a difference in our own self. Added to this, clinical results in such cases using Homoeopathic Medicines had proved better state of adaptation in such children along withnon-remedial interventions like Physiotherapy, Special education, Occupational therapy etc.
ACTION TEAMS :
MEDICAL TEAM :
Dr. Phanindranath V. , BHMS
Dr. Smriti Phanindranath, BHMS
VOLUNTEERS TEAM : Mr. Shivaraj Goni & Sevadal Group, Haliyal.
ADVISORY TEAM :
Mr. Vallabh V. Phatarphekar
Mrs.Karuna V. Phatarphekar
Mr. Deepak G. Talekar